Influence/Inspiration

Loading...

Monday, May 11, 2015

The end

     Hello everyone, it is sad but 20 time is coming to a close. I am glad to say that I have succeeded at my goal of writing a song. Yes, I'm happy and all with doing that, but what I am really happy about is how much I have improved in my guitar and drum playing. Now I am playing things that I thought would take me at least a year to get to. For instance, I did a cover of Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls which took some skill as well as some other songs like Name, Iris, and Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.
     One thing that really helped me get started with thus project was tearing my ACL in september. Thanks to that I had tons of free time after school everyday being a cripple so I could practice playing my instruments. The best thing that I ever did was arranging meetings every Wednesday after school with my old 4th grade teacher Mr. Frakes. He is an amazing guitar player and person in his own band with fellow teachers called Rosetta Pebble. I thought he was the perfect option for a guitar teacher and it turned out to be perfect. If I didn't see him then idk where I would be right now.
       I have learned many musical things through this project but I know you guys don't care about them so I'll talk about the one most important thing I learned about myself. I have found what I'm passionate about. As of now I can tell you that 10 years from now I'll be in a band, I'll be able to play guitar, base, drums, and piano, and I'll be the happiest man alive. But right now I gotta get my TEDx talk over with to even hope of being that happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment