Influence/Inspiration

Loading...

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year, New Goals

Hey! It's been awhile since I've last blogged and I have some good and bad news for you all. Let's start with the bad news. I am stopping the song of the week posts since nobody is requesting anything or seem to be looking at them at all. I'll stick with the covers but maybe not as much as I said I would post earlier. I'm running out of time now that I'm back to working out every day after school, and with homework it's hard to find any free time. But that's enough bad news, now for the good. I was talking to my old 4th grade teacher Mr. Frakes about this project and asked him if he could work with me and he can! In fact, we had our first meeting today. He plays guitar and writes songs in a band with some fellow teachers called Rosetta Pebble, so I figured he would be perfect for helping me learn guitar. This week I'm practicing some basic chords and working on getting those calluses on my fingers, as well as finger-picking and coming up with some chord progressions. Also I have checked out some of my classmates blogs and came across Reanna Raymond's blog on writing poetry. Her poems are awesome you can check them out on this link http://www.reannargps20time.blogspot.com/. When I was reading them, I suddenly realized that these could easily be song lyrics, so I asked her if I could possibly use one of her poems in a song and she said go for it. Maybe one of these days when I'm a bit better at guitar we could collaborate on a song, who knows? Well I've got a long road ahead of me with this project but with some hard work and dedication I'll be making my own guitar melodies in no time.

1 comment:

  1. No don't stop I am supporting you with all of my heart!
    See ya
    Dillan <3

    ReplyDelete