Influence/Inspiration

Loading...

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Almost There

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in awhile but that's not bad news since I've been busy working hard on my instruments. Plus last week was exams week, so that didn't help. I've shifted from playing drums every day to playing guitar all the time in order to get better at it as fast as possible. Since I'm just starting it's important to learn before I try to make stuff so that's what is happening right now. I like the finger-picking style due to all the extra sounds you can make with your right hand, and am focusing on becoming good at that as well as working on my finger dexterity with my left hand. Bar chords are still super hard I think it will take me longer to master those. I am still meeting with Mr. Frakes every Wednesday and he is helping me learn these skills. For drums, I am currently drumming in a band called Absent Conflict, and am also part of a garage band with one (possibly a couple) of my friends. It's really fun and I get a little better every time I play so it's like hitting two birds with one stone. It might be awhile before I can cover any songs on guitar. Right now I'm trying to learn Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root and Name by Goo Goo Dolls since they are good acoustic songs to help me practice my finger-picking skills. Otherwise keep checking for upcoming drum covers! See you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment